Thursday, June 11, 2009

The 1001: Pre-1700s

So far, I haven't read any of these cover to cover. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed with the selection for this section because I think it overlooks some real classics (Shakespeare?! Sophocles?! Hello?!) but I'm still going to try and read them:

989. OroonokoAphra Behn (read 6/19/09)
990. The Princess of Clèves – Marie-Madelaine Pioche de Lavergne, Comtesse de La Fayette (d)
991. The Pilgrim’s Progress – John Bunyan (d)
992. Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (d)
993. The Unfortunate Traveller – Thomas Nashe
994. Euphues: The Anatomy of Wit – John Lyly
995. Gargantua and Pantagruel – Françoise Rabelais (d)
996. The Thousand and One Nights – Anonymous (d)
997. The Golden Ass – Lucius Apuleius (d)
998. AithiopikaHeliodorus
999. Chaireas and KallirhoeChariton
1000. Metamorphoses – Ovid (d, part 1 only)
1001. Aesop’s Fables – Aesopus (cl)

I don't particularly want to buy these so I looked around online to see where they are free:

(cr) = Classic Reader
(d) = DailyLit

No comments:

Post a Comment